Media Buying & Paid Advertising Can Be Tremendously Effective
Google, Facebook, Bing, Yahoo and YouTube all have one thing in common - paid advertising and media buying opportunities. They all depend on paid advertising as their revenue model. Google will do over $100 billion in paid ads this year. All of the others measure paid media in the billions as well.
These paid media campaigns represent a tremendous opportunity - or trap - for the advertisers. Which ads are effective? Which are a problem? Which drive profitable revenue, and which drive losses?
Let's take a look.
Virtually Any Media Buying & Paid Advertising Campaign Can Be Profitable
The reality is that a well-designed, managed-daily campaign is capable of driving positive results. However, for most companies, the 80-20 rule applies. 20% of their advertising drives 80% of their results. The problem is they don't know which 20%.
The right way to run online advertising is with a specific goal in mind, and then optimize the campaign to achieve that goal. Rather than buying up a budget, you should be marketing based on a goal, up to a budget cap (of course).
Some companies decide to spend $X per month on marketing, and just do that. They then look back and decide if it was worth it.
Isn't it a better strategy to set goals, drive targeted media towards those goals? That is our approach.
Media Buying & Paid Advertising Require Daily Management
Whether advertising on Facebook, Google, Yahoo, YouTube or other properties, one thing is certain - you must manage the campaign daily. Results will vary by ad, by cost and by competition. Advertising is not static - it is a fluid marketplace with competitors jumping in and out, raising and lowering bids, and fighting for your prospects' attention.
Every day, we actively manage our clients campaigns to meet their goals. Some of those tasks include:
- Creating and split testing ads
- Creating and split testing ad copy
- Testing placement of ads for performance
- Buying ads on different sites
- Buying media at different times of day and days of the week
- Monitoring activity and conversion rates
- Adjusting bidding strategies and campaign elements to drive the desired results
Remember, there are challenges with paid media:
- Advertising online can be extremely expensive, especially with budget wasted on activity that does not generate business
- If you buy the wrong media - even at cheap prices - you will be losing a fortune
- Every dollar wasted on bad media is a lost opportunity to generate more business
If You Aren't Sure if Paid Media Works...
If you still aren't sure if paid media works, or think it wouldn't work for you, consider the following:
- Advertisers spend over $100 billion in revenue from Google.com because it DOES work;
- Billions are spent on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other platforms because it DOES work;
- Google has redesigned its search results to feature even more ads above the organic listings to drive more revenue;
- Mobile advertising is growing fast, with more than half of users on mobile devices;
- Competitors are out there using it today. If you aren't where your customers are looking how will you compete?
Target Your Market with Social Media Advertising Buys
If you want to expand your business, media buying is a critical component of the the process. Search is still our favorite form of marketing, because people are raising their hands and asking for what you offer. However, you are limited to those who are doing searches.
The market for your product or service is huge, and not every buyer is searching on Google for a solution. That's where the media buys and paid advertising come into play.
Targeting by Interest
We are able to reach out to people who have an interest in what you are offering. With filtering criteria, retargeting (remarketing) ads, and other advertising opportunities, we can target those who already expressed an interest in the products or services you offer. We can also target those who fit the profile of your buyers, giving you a greater chance of getting new business.
Targeting by Geography
There are very few businesses that need to advertise nationwide. We are able to target down to the zip code level. Offering a service to businesses within a 15 mile radius of zip code 11747? Looking to reach home owners who live in zip codes where the average income is 3x the national average? We can target geographically based on your unique needs.
Target by Day and Time
Some businesses want traffic 24/7, while others only want it during certain hours on certain days. Whatever you want, we can accommodate.
Save Money & Laser Target Your Buyers
There is no need to reach everyone. Just the right ones. We want to help you reach buyers. With a carefully designed campaign, we can do just that.
Target with Messaging
Within the ads we buy, we create messages that meet two goals. First, we want to attract the interest of potential buyers. Second, we want to discourage those who would be wasted clicks. Every dollar you save is a dollar that can be spent attracting the right customer.
If you are (for example) paying for clicks, let's construct an ad that lets people know who qualifies for your service - and who doesn't. Why pay for a click from someone who wouldn't buy anyway?
We Will Help You Understand:
- What will generate real traffic and results
- Which market is really your market
- How different messages and designs impact response
- How to track results
- How to optimize the campaigns based on results to get the most out of your advertising dollars
- What is required to execute on the above
Our media specialists understand how to drive better results.
Our media buying strategies focus on producing maximum results, not maximum budgets. Our strategies include:
- Increasing the ROI of your ad spend by optimizing and amplifying the best performing content.
- Publishing, optimizing, and reporting on ads across channels and audiences.
- Planning ad spend based on an integrated marketing strategy, boosting scheduled content from a shared global calendar.
- Streamlining workflows to facilitate better collaboration between clients and their agency teams.
- Managing budgets centrally across social networks, accounts users, and other channels.
- Dynamically optimizing ad spend based on real-time performance using KPIs with pre-approved rules.